A fantastic option to include a vegetarian dish and rest from animal protein for a while! This dish is full of spices, nuts, dried fruits and quinoa, which serve to energize the meal. On top of that, quinoa is considered a Superfood with some outstanding benefits:
• Low glycemic index, which helps with weight loss
• Helps control cholesterol
• Rich in antioxidants
• Excellent for athletes due to its high level of proteins and aminoacids
• Suitable for celiac since it has no gluten
• Great to strengthen hair
• Supports muscle composition and skin due to its high level of proteins and vitamins
• Moisturizes skin
• Reduces headaches due to its high level of Magnesium
• Natural anti-stress superfood
• 2 Red peppers cut in half (without seeds and heart)
• 2 Yellow peppers, cut in half (without seeds and heart)
• 20 cherry tomatoes, red and yellow, cut in half
• 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
• 2 Tbsp Olive oil
• 200grams Quinoa
• 1 Onion, finely chopped
• ½ tsp grounded ginger
• 1 tsp paprika (or the Spanish sweet paprika)
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• 50 grams raisins
• 50 grams dried cranberries
• 50 grams dates, no seeds, finely chopped
• 25 grams sliced almonds
• Salt and pepper
1. Fill the red peppers with the yellow cherry tomatoes and the yellow peppers with the red cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle the cumin seeds on top of them; add 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Introduce in oven, pre-heated at 350 degrees for 45 min or until they are soft and a little bit burnt on the borders.
2. In the meantime, wash the quinoa several times with cold water. Introduce it into a pan with twice as much volume in boiling water, cover it and boil at low heat for about 12min. When it is ready, separate it from the stove and leave it resting until all the water is absorbed.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan at medium heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for about 10min or until it is soft. Add the spices and nuts/dried fruits and boil, stirring frequently, from 3-4 min or until the dried fruits are soft. Then gently mix everything with the quinoa.
4. Divide the quinoa in 4 dishes and place on top of each half of the peppers. Sprinkle the soft onions and some sliced almonds on top to decorate, and serve!
For additional recipes and health tips direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from health coaching, please schedule an initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.