Many people spend days, weeks, months, years, and even decades in careers that are diametrically opposed to who they are as spiritual beings. It’s incredibly important to find alignment in your career, spirituality, health, and relationships, so you can live your purpose and be happy.
It’s all about finding work you love, or learning to love the work you do. You don’t have to leave your 9-5 job in order to explore other career paths – there are always ways to find gratification.
Find the work you love
• Make a list of your inherent strengths and interests, and how they could translate into an inspiring career – get creative!
• Research the career options you’ve narrowed down. Gather information about the paths you’re considering and how they could influence and shape your long-term goals.
• Reach out to professionals working in your field – people who can give you information, support, and/or guidance.
• Join professional organizations or attend social events to create authentic connections and make yourself visible as an expert in your field.
• Contact prospective employers to learn about potential career opportunities. Be professional and enthusiastic, and remember that even if a company isn’t hiring, it’s never a bad idea to pass your resume along.
• Be patient – finding a new career that you love may take time, and you might try a few different positions before finding an ideal fit.
Love the work you do
• Request to work on projects that interest you. Express the areas you’re passionate about to your employer or supervisor – it’s often the same area you’ll produce the best results in!
• Surround yourself with peers and colleagues who support your work.
• Accept constructive feedback and work towards improving your weak points.
• Stay motivated by giving yourself small rewards for accomplishing goals – short massages, long walks, body brushing – think primary food.
• Make your office environment more attractive – add fresh flowers to your desk, invest in a comfortable chair, hang up motivating quotes and pictures.
• If it’s time to transition to another position or company, make sure you continue doing work you love. Seek fresh opportunities that satisfy your desires, and always maintain business relationships with previous employers.
A final remark: when your heart is aligned with what you do and you have a vision, you don’t even have to follow that vision, your vision pulls you!
To get some additional recipes and health tips, remember to subscribe to my blog to receive it in your inbox!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from health coaching, please schedule a free initial consultation with me. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.