I don’t eat pasta very often. However, after a long run sometimes I feel like having homemade pasta with a good source of protein to replenish nutrients and feel energized for the rest of the day.
This is a simple and delicious recipe:
• 300g linguini (or quinoa pasta)
• ½ Kg clams on the shell (or Spanish berberechos)
• ½ Kg mussels on the shell
• 200g shrimp (or Spanish Langostinos) on the shell
• 250g cherry tomatoes
• 3 garlic cloves
• 1 chili
• 60ml white wine
• 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper to taste
• Ground parsley to sprinkle
1. Put berberechos/clams in water with salt for 1 hour so that they let go of the sand. Clean mussels. Heat the oil on a pan, sautée one garlic clove, pour 80ml of white wine, add berberechos/clams, cover and turn off when the shells open, strain the juice/broth and save it.
2. Do the same thing with mussels, strain the juice/broth and save it too. Peal shrimp, remove the heads and boil them covered with water for about 15min, strain the juice/broth and save it. Boil the pasta in water with salt the recommended time by the manufacturer.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan, sautée garlic cloves in slices and chili in rings. Sautée shrimp and add tomatoes, pour some wine, leave it to reduce the mix, pour the broth saved from before and mix well. Add the pasta, mussels and berberechos, sautée for a few minutes and serve with sprinkled parsley.
For additional recipes and health tips direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from health coaching, please schedule an initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.