This is a great option for those days when we had a great workout and we need an extra boost of good quality carbohydrates (whole wheat or quinoa pasta) and superfoods (mushrooms).
• 250 grams Portobello or Shiitake mushrooms
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 400 grams whole-wheat, quinoa or lentil spaghetti
• 150 grams whole-wheat breadcrumbs
• 1 lemon juiced and zested skin
• 1 handful of parsley, finely chopped
• ½ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
• Salt and pepper
• Grounded parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Place mushrooms, stem up, in a large oven tray. Sprinkle the garlic on top and add the olive oil and salt & pepper. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until they tender and juicy.
2. In the meantime, cook the pasta in a large pan with boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until they are al dente.
3. Place the breadcrumbs, lemon skin, half of parsley, and if you are using it, the crushed red pepper in a large saucepan at medium heat. Stir-fry, while stirring constantly, for 4-5minutes or until they are golden and crispy. Leave them aside for later.
4. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and let them cool before slicing into big chunks.
5. Drain the pasta and mix it with the mushrooms, lemon juice and the rest of parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve in bowls. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and serve immediately.
For additional recipes and health tips direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from health coaching, please schedule a free initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.