Many times we refer to the most nutritious foods on the planet as Superfoods. Regardless of the name, the important thing is that those foods provide us with some outstanding benefits for our body and mind. Each of those foods have different properties, I will summarize some of these here (if you would like to understand the individual benefits of each food please contact me):
• Improved Gut Health
• Antimicrobial effect
• Protection of Microbiome
• Increased Energy
• Positive effects on Lipids (ie. cholesterol, tryglicerides)
• Reduced Menopausal symptoms
• Reduced Brain Fog and other mental conditions
• Increased nutrition for our cells (ie. minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients)
• Improved Blood Glucose metabolism
• Disease prevention
• Specific body parts improvements: nails, skin, joints, hair
• And so many more…
Some of these “out of this world” foods are probably part of our diets without knowing their condition as superfoods. Others may not be part of our diet yet, but if we knew their properties we would include them straightaway.
Here are some examples:
• Flaxseeds, Chia seeds
• Goji berries, blueberries, strawberries, apples, bananas
• Asparagus, avocado, tomatoes, dark leafy greens (kale , spinach, swiss chard), Bok Choy,
Shiitake Mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower
• Sweet potatoes, pumpkin
• Garlic, onions
• Cinnamon, turmeric, saffron, ginger, Himalayan salt
• Legumes (black beans, lentils, garbanzos)
• Dark chocolate (minimum 80% cacao)
• Olives, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Salmon, sardines
• Kefir, Greek Yogurt
• Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts
• Whole grains (millet, buckwheat, quinoa)
• Brown rice
• Seafood, seaweed
Why not try to incorporate some of these foods into our diet and experience the fabulous nutrition we will receive!
For specific recipes that include these superfoods please let me know and I will be delighted to help!
For additional recipes and health tips direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from health coaching, please schedule an initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.