I love to eat fish whenever I have access to high quality raw material. This is a great recipe to experiment with, while getting amazing protein, spices, superfoods and fats!
• 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 large red onion, cut into thin slices
• 2 garlic cloves; 1 minced, 1 mashed
• 1 tsp of turmeric
• 1 tsp of paprika
• 1 tsp of ground cumin
• ½ tsp of ground ginger
• 2 Tbsp of tomato sauce (or tomato paste)
• 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
• 875 grams large potatoes; peeled and cut in thin slices
• 500 grams of Monkfish tail, cut in 4 pieces
• 250 grams of baked peppers, cut in thin slices
• 1 canned lemon, thinly minced
• 450 ml of fish broth or vegetable broth
• ½ tsp of saffron (ideally the ground Spanish one)
• Salt and pepper
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a small saucepan at medium heat. Add the onion and the minced garlic and stir-fry for 10 minutes or until tender.
2. In the meantime, mix in a serving plate all spices with a little bit of salt and pepper, the tomato paste, the lemon juice, the mashed garlic and the remaining olive oil. Put all potatoes in a big bowl and add the whole mix/dough except for 1 ½ Tbsp. Mix everything well to cover all potatoes and rub the remaining dough over the monkfish. Cover, and leave it marinating in the fridge.
3. While stirring, add to the potatoes: the cooked onion, peppers and the canned lemon and introduce the mixture to a shallow baking dish. Pour in the covering almost everything and insert the potatoes into the oven, preheated at 350 degrees, for 45min or until tender.
4. Serve the monkfish over the potatoes and add more broth if needed. Sprinkle the saffron and place back into the oven for 10-15min or until the fish is boiled, then serve immediately.
For additional recipes and health tips direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from health coaching, please schedule an initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.