It is hard to summarize in a few bullet points what a healthy lifestyle should entail, but I have some “favorites” that I would love to share with you. Whether you are setting new health goals for yourself or you just would like a few reminders to stay on track, these are my most adored health pearls-just to start with-:
1. Eat your dark leafy greens: these are like health treasures… full of anti cancer properties, great for brain health, full of fiber and believe it or not very satiating.. whatever you like: spinach, broccoli, swiss chard, kale, brussel sprouts… eat them, everyday!
2. Drink plenty of water: great to combat hunger, avoid headaches, stay alert, show a glowing skin and many other benefits.
3. Have healthy fats: this is the secret for healthy everything: brain, heart, weight, … this is particularly important for women, hormones are built on fat, on cholesterol! Yes… cholesterol. But we need the right fat, monounsaturated fat: olive oil, avocados, omega 3s, nuts, seeds.
4. Incorporate superfoods in your diet, daily!: the most nutritious foods in the world create magic: blueberries, flaxseeds, goji berries, mushrooms, garlic, maca, collagen protein, asparagus, turmeric, cinnamon, legumes, olives, berries, green tea, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, walnuts.
5. Watch those (refined) carbs: it all depends on your carbohydrate tolerance but as a general rule… decrease all the white stuff ( white flour, rice and pasta) and sugar and go for the whole grains, but in moderation.
6. Eat lean protein, grass-fed and organic whenever possible. Another great source of nutrition to maintain a healthy weight, feel satiated and build a healthy muscle tone.
7. Rest your body from food at times!! We can’t be eating all the time… I know some health practitioners support fasting in some radical ways. I would say, start by fasting 12 hrs every night and you will have accomplished something: your cells will be repairing and you will be burning fat.
8. Find exercise that you like and do it on a regular basis. You will be leaner, stronger, happier and smarter! Also, exercising outdoors may be beneficial for your vitamin D level!
9. Try to sleep well every night. Find a routine and the number of hours that work for you. Remember that supplements such as magnesium and chamomile tea may help. Also lavender oil may be useful.
10. Find your tribe and spend time with them! One of the best kept secrets for longevity is spending time with family and friends. Cherish them, love them up, share your thoughts with them… your health will benefit tremendously.
11. Love what you do or find work you love. It doesn’t mean you need to quit your job! Learn to enjoy what you do everyday as a job, look at things from different perspectives, find different projects ,various teammates. BUT if you decide to go after your passion no matter what, “take the bull by the horns” and make the most of it, you will have achieved a real dream, stay on it.
To get some additional recipes and health tips, remember to subscribe to my blog to receive it in your inbox!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from health coaching, please schedule a free initial consultation with me. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.