I love this recipe. Easy to make, great balance of micronutrients, some superfoods and excellent for all occasions (ie. Parties, family meals, etc.).
Ingredients (to serve 4):
• 4 Organic Chicken thighs with no skin and no bones cut in small pieces
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Half onion sliced in small strips
• 5-6 Carrots peeled and cut in small chunks
• 3-4 garlic cloves sliced in small pieces
• Shiitake or Button mushrooms (a small to medium box) sliced in small pieces
• White wine to taste
• Chicken bone broth or vegetable broth
1. Cut the chicken in small pieces, add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add the chicken and oil to ceramic pot or similar and sauté until golden.
3. Set the chicken aside on a plate.
4. Using the same oil, sauté onion, carrots, garlic and mushrooms until golden.
5. When veggies are ready, add the chicken to the pot and a little bit of wine to taste. Wait until wine is evaporated and add some chicken or vegetable broth.
6. Stir everything, cover and leave it on low heat for about 20mins.
7. If there is still too much sauce, take the cover off and leave it until it thickens a bit.
8. Serve with brown rice or similar.
For additional recipes and inspirational functional medicine insights direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from Functional Medicine applied to health coaching, please schedule an initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.