As you may know by now…I LOVE legumes! They are superfoods providing a great source of protein to rest from animal protein regularly. This is a fantastic and easy recipe for all year round and especially for those cooler days in the Fall and Winter.
• 1lb of Garbanzos (chickpeas)
• 1lb fresh spinach
• 1 small onion
• 2 tomatoes
• 2 ½ garlic cloves
• 1 bay leave
• parsley to taste
• 3 Tbsp Olive oil
• 1 Tbsp gluten free flour
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or Spanish pimenton)
• water and salt
1. Add the garbanzos, 2 garlic cloves and bay leave to the pressure cooker, add water to cover. Let it cook for about 20min.
2. Then when the cooker is cool enough, open it up. Wash spinach, slice and add to pressure cooker to boil with garbanzos. Let is cook (without closing) for about 5min.
3. Smash ½ garlic clove and parsley. Leave aside
4. In a saucepan add some olive oil and sauté the onion for about 5 min.
5. Add the flour, the garlic and parsley and the pepper. Stir, then add the mix to the pressure cooker. Add salt to taste and let it cook for about 10 more minutes.
For additional recipes and inspirational functional medicine insights direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from Functional Medicine applied to health coaching, please schedule an initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.