My mom cooks the best meatballs in the world! I have enjoyed her recipe since I was a child and now when I go back to Spain the “albóndigas” are always in the fridge waiting for me. It is a simple recipe, here it goes:
• 1 pound ground beef or turkey
• 2 organic pastures eggs
• 2 cloves of garlic
• Half glass of almond milk
• Gluten free bread crumbs
• Gluten free flour
1. Put the meat on a bowl and add some salt to taste
2. Add the eggs and mix well with meat
3. Mince the garlic and mix well
4. Add the milk, mix well. Then add the breadcrumbs to taste, until compact so that it is not too liquid.
5. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and leave in the fridge for a few hours until solid.
6. Take the bowl out of fridge and start making small-medium size balls. Add a bit of flour to each meatball to ensure a good size and not sticky.
7. Put some oil in a saucepan, medium heat, and fry the meatballs. Take out the meatballs, ensuring no extra oil. Set aside.
• ¼ onion
• 3-4 smashed garlic cloves
• Parsley to taste
• 1 glass of white wine (optional)
• 1 Tbsp gluten free flour
• Extra Virgin Olive oil
1. Add some olive oil to saucepan. Mince the onion and add to pan.
2. Add the parsley and afterwards the flour.
3. Take a glass with water and add the smashed garlic. Add the wine (optional). Add to saucepan.
4. Leave it boiling until it thickens out.
5. Add the meatballs and leave cooking for a few minutes.
For additional recipes and inspirational functional medicine insights direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from Functional Medicine applied to health coaching, please schedule an initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.