I love legumes, they are full of fiber, some anti-cancer properties and they are a great way to rest from animal protein. Actually, I recommend my clients to have one meatless day a week, and legumes are a great way to accomplish that. Take a look at my previous recipe using lentils for one of your meatless days!
However, for today’s recipe I decided to add fish to the beans, which makes this a single plate dish for a nice lunch!
250 grams of White beans (or more for additional portions)
1 cup fresh green beans
2 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower
2 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
1 large monkfish or flounder
Pimentón or paprika
1. Soak the beans in water overnight
2. Boil the cauliflower in pan for about 10min or until tender but not soft and set aside
3. Put white beans, spring onions and green beans covered with water in a express cooker or instant pot for about 12min
4. In the meantime grill the fish on a saucepan with olive oil and set aside.
5. In a saucepan with olive oil sauté the onion, garlic and pimentón. Then add to the pressure cooker already open. Add salt to taste
6. Add the grilled fish in small portions and the cauliflower to the pressure cook (don’t close it again) and let it cook for a couple of minutes to mix it with the rest of ingredients
7. Ready to serve!
I hope you enjoy it!!
For additional recipes and inspirational functional medicine insights direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from Functional Medicine applied to health coaching, please schedule an initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.