There are so many different factors that may have an impact on weight loss. We can’t tackle weight loss in isolation. First, we need to assess what may be in the way by looking at root causes and then address those aspects. Only then we will see a change on the scale and we will be able to maintain a healthy weight in the long term.
Here are some of the most relevant drivers affecting weight loss:
1. Poor Nutrition– both Quantity and Quality. Mindful Eating, Eating hygiene. How are you eating? Are you sitting down, chewing, breathing, etc.?
2. Stress: it can be both, physical & emotional, and it affects Adrenal Health (how are your cortisol levels?, insulin sensitivity?)-Sympathetic & Parasympathetic modes. Are you running on sympathetic mode chronically?
3. Toxins: toxins tolerance is highly individual. Toxins can come from food, lead, mercury, cleaning products beauty products, water, etc.
4. Food sensitivities: they create inflammation and therefore affect weight loss. And the symptoms maybe digestive or non-digestive. If you are suspicious, there are great tests in the market to assess these sensitivities.
5. Hormonal imbalances: what are your levels of estrogen, progesterone, DHEA, testosterone? This has a huge impact on weight loss and there are also some great testing opportunities.
6. Insulin Resistance: this is an epidemic and has a direct effect on weight loss. Is your insulin taking glucose from the bloodstream into the cell? We need to evaluate a full panel to determine insulin sensitivity, not just fasting glucose.
7. Sleep: sleep maintains the appetite hormones under balance. Also, what is your sleep hygiene? Do you have a routine?
8. Gut Health: disease begins in the gut, but it doesn’t stay there…do you have intestinal permeability? Do you have regular digestive issues?
9. Immune System dysregulation: Autoimmune conditions (MS, lupus, Hashimoto’s, RA, etc.) are an epidemic and they need to be addressed by looking at root causes in order to lose weight.
10. Inappropriate Exercise: too much, too little, too intense. This imbalance can directly impact weight loss.
11. Lifestyle and Mindset: how are you living your life? How do you relate to people, to food, to yourself? What is your purpose in life? Do you have a spiritual practice? How do you de-stress? Huge impact on weight loss.
If you would like to lose weight by addressing root causes and therefore maintain a healthy weight in the long term, I would be delighted to help you. Simply book an Initial Consultation with me.
For additional recipes and health tips direct to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my blog!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
If you have any questions about how you could benefit from health coaching, please schedule an initial consultation with me. During this session we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals